Monday, January 9, 2017

New Thing 9, New Thing Every Day: Review Something I like on Yelp

In this world of e-everything, there is a wide range of things I have not done that millions of people do on a fairly regular basis. Over the next year, I will do many of them; today, I am writing my very first Yelp review. Enjoy!

••••••••••••


One of Columbia's newest restaurants, Barred Owl is a wonderful addition to our options. As someone who frequents Sycamore and Bleu (well, used to) I am happy to see Barred Owl join their ranks as one of Columbia's tastiest restaurants.

The menu is eclectic and changes "constantly"; I expect most folks might only be interested in parts of it at any given time (be ready for rabbit, fried head cheese, or maybe grilled sardines). But there is plenty for those with less exotic tastes -- great steaks, pastas, sandwiches and salads (all creative and made with the finest, often local, ingredients). The bar is awesome, too, and offers a wide range of craft cocktails that are fun to order.

The desserts are constantly shifting and many are a little fancy for my taste, but they are made right there and offer the kind of variety that can satisfy a wide range of sweet toothes.

Definitely recommend. If you eat out a lot, put Barred Owl into your regular rotation.


View the Complete List of New Things

No comments:

Post a Comment