Wednesday, January 18, 2017

New Thing 18, New Thing Every Day - Contribute to a Podcast I Like

Here are my 10+ things about today's New Thing.
  1. Podcasts are awesome. You can find bunches of them for every area of interest, download them to your phone (for free), and listen any time you want. 
  2. If I am in my car or getting ready in the morning, I am usually listening to a podcast.
  3. Each week, I probably listen to 4-5 hours worth of podcasts. If I am traveling, they provide an awesome, free way to pass the miles.
  4. The first podcast I ever even heard about was the WTF podcast. Host Marc Maron does wonderful, long-form interviews with mostly comedians, but also movie people, musicians, and one time he did Barack Obama (but that was a one-time thing because the White House called him, and I do not expect he will be doing any other politicians). 
  5. Over the last four years or so, I have probably listened to over 300 of Marc's podcasts.
  6. Other favorites include general interview shows with Alec Baldwin and Katie Couric; a show that focuses on the business side of the movie industry, with veteran comedy manager Barry Katz (managed Dane Cook, Louis CK, etc.); and a movie review show called SlashFilmcast.
  7. My original plan was to contribute $25 to the SlashFilmcast. They are always asking for donations as one of their primary sources of income -- they also do commercials -- but something must be wrong with their site because I could not find the donor button that they always say is there. 
  8. So, instead of donating to SlashFilmcast, I went to the WTF site and discovered that they do not take donations at all, but they do sell merchandise to support the show.
  9. Honestly, I did not really like the design of most of what the WTF site sells, so it was actually tough making my choice.
  10. As you might have guessed, I finally bought the WTF t-shirt you can see above. I am sure it will be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment