Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Thing 4, New Thing Every Day: Buy a Lottery Ticket

Ticket bought from friend Daryl Dudley.
Would you believe that I had never bought a lottery ticket before today? I do not really believe in it, but I have to admit that it was kind of fun. In spite of myself, two dollars spent, I found myself thinking about what I would do with the $80 million payout from the Missouri Powerball drawing.

On the other hand, it also made me think about the majority of lottery winners, who end up going bankrupt. I am not so sure that lotteries are a good thing for our society, or for the individuals who play, as a whole.

I will let you know when I win the $80 million, at which point I feel fairly sure I will become a vocal advocate for the lottery system.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

View The Complete List

No comments:

Post a Comment