Tuesday, January 24, 2017

New Thing 24, New Thing Every Day: Use Google Translate

Right now EveryEventGives (my company that helps people sell tickets online) is working with a large concert in Texas that deals with a lot of Spanish speaking people. This morning, I got my first customer service e-mail from someone that was in Spanish. What the heck do I do with that?

Then I remembered that there is such a thing as Google Translate, which I had heard does pretty much what it sounds like it would do. So I went to Google, typed in "google translate", was directed to a screen where I could enter a passage and translate it from one language to another. Would you believe it actually worked?

I cut-and-pasted in the entire body of the e-mail message and got back a complete translation, which seemed right (based on my very limited knowledge of Spanish). It was very, very cool, and I highly recommend it.

Have an awesome rest of your day!

- sean

No comments:

Post a Comment