Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Thing 8, New Thing Every Day: Make a List of 50+ Places I Want to Visit

Leigh and I love to travel, including road trips, so this was a pretty fun list to make. It has ended up being 77 places. It would be great to go to all of them, and I hope we will. I have barely done any international travel, and it is definitely getting to be time to make that a priority.

To create the list, I started by adding the places that were just in my head of places that I thought should be a priority. Then, I did some Web searching and that got me to maybe 50. To really fill out the list, I used Facebook to ask my friends, and got back lots of fabulous suggestions (crowd sourcing really is one of my favorite things about this project). Some suggestions were already on the list (which I had not shared); some were places I have already been; but all the rest made the list because I figure a friend's recommendation is good enough for me.

Here is the final list (at least, until I think of more places that should be added).


Location Country
Kenya Kenya
The Great Wall of China China
Mumbai, India India
Tokyo, Japan Japan
Ithaa Undersea restaurant Maldives
Moscow Russia
Sydney Australia
Prague, Czech Republic Czech Republic
Iceland Iceland
Tuscany Italy
Icehotel, Jukkasjarvi Sweden
Hawaii United States
Napa Valley, CA United States
Alaska United States
Post-Katrina New Orleans, LA United States
Athens Greece
Hong Kong China
Barcelona Spain
Cairo, Egypt Egypt
Morocco Morocco
Cape Town South Africa
Beijing, China China
Israel Israel
Kuwait Kuwait
Singapore Singapore
Seoul, South Korea South Korea
Bangkok, Thailand Thailand
Dubai, UAE UAE
Basque Country Basque Country
Santorini, Greece Greece
Monaco Monaco
Warsaw, Poland Poland
Milan, Spain Spain
Stone Henge United Kingdom
Istanbul, Turkey Turkey
Havana, Cuba Cuba
Easter Island Chile
Mexico City, Mexico Mexico
New Zealand
Stellenbosch wine region South Africa
Quebec City Canada
The Black Forest Germany
New Delhi, India India
Glass Igloo Village Hotels, Finland Finland
Ireland Ireland
Glacier National Park, United States United States
Buenos Aires, Argentina Argentina
Belize Belize
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Brazil
Honduras Honduras
Salzburg Austria
Watkins Glen, NY United States
Bryce Canyon, UT United States
Luxembourg
Banff Canada
Mt. Rushmore United States
Lerici Italy
Hell's Canyon United States
Restaurant near Sanyou Cave above the Chang Jiang river, Hubei China
Tahiti, French Polynesia French Polynesia
Jakarta, Indonesia Indonesia
Plitvice Lakes National Park Croatia
Hardanger Bridge Morway
Atlantic Ocean Road Norway
Waterfall Castle, Poland Poland
Algarve Coast, Portugal Portugal
Japanese Gardens in San Francisco, CA United States
Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver Canada
Stornoway Scotland
McMurdo Station Antarctica
Sand dunes of Recife Brazil
Collioure France
Cortina Italy
Fortaleza Brazil
Seville Spain
Loch Locky Scotland
Mackinaw Island, MI United States

 View the Complete New Thing Every Day List

No comments:

Post a Comment