Monday, February 20, 2017

New Thing 51, New Thing Every Day: Try Virtual Reality Technology

There was a time in my life when I would have been one of the first people to try virtual reality technology, pretty much the second it became relatively easy to access. These days, though, I am not quite so motivated to try the newest tech toy, and it has taken a while for me to make the time for virtual reality.

Just in the last week, though, I learned that Best Buy provides free demos of the new Oculus Rift VR system and, as my father often said, "If it's free, it's for me!"

So I headed over to the Best Buy and gave it a try.

It really is pretty cool. I watched a couple of different demos -- one where I was in the ocean with great white sharks, and one where I was flying on Pete's Dragon's back. Both were kind of amazing, and I can think of about a million different applications, both for entertainment and for all kinds of real life situations.

One way or another, virtual reality technology is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment