Sunday, February 5, 2017

New Thing 36, New Thing Every Day -- Use a Financial Calculator

I had something totally different planned for today -- something that now gets pushed to next week. Instead of that unnamed thing, I chose to make using a financial calculator my new thing because it really did happen, and it really is new for me.

My dad was an engineer and had to use everything from a slide rule to a fancy calculator, but I have never had a need for anything more than the basics, and we have our laptops and phones and whatever for that now. I am taking college-level finance, though, as part of my effort to get an MBA, and we actually need financial calculators. Would you believe it actually cost almost $70.00? I suppose that is nothing, compared to what it would have cost 30 years ago, and I am betting that not many are sold today, so surely that keeps the price a little higher than the technology is actually worth.

So now I have my financial calculator, and I used it to do today's homework, and hopefully I will need it off and on, over the next three years of my MBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment