Friday, February 10, 2017

New Thing 41, New Thing Every Day: Order from the Panera Secret Menu

Did you know that all kinds of popular chain restaurants have "secret" menus? Apparently, they are just for the cool kids, and those of us who stumble across them on Google.

Leigh and I really like Panera, so theirs is the first secret menu I tried. Tonight, I ordered a Power Steak Lettuce Wrap. There was a little confusion at first, but within just a few minutes, the counter guy figured it out and I got exactly what I wanted. He had to charge me for a tuna sandwich because what I ordered was not programmed into his cash register, but apparently that was not  big deal.

Here is what is on the Power Steak Lettuce Wrap -- seared top sirloin, lettuce for making the wraps, sliced cucumbers (they forgot these), diced onions & tomatoes (they sliced them, which I think was not the better way to go), and then it's all topped with both lemon juice and basil pesto.

Very tasty!

- sean

No comments:

Post a Comment