Thursday, February 16, 2017

New Thing 47, New Thing Every Day: Open an Account for Extra Personal Retirement Investing

Leigh and I are preparing for retirement in a normal way, but several months ago, I decided to supplement that a tiny bit by contributing at least one dollar per day from my personal spending money to a little, extra retirement fund. Every day, I put at least the one dollar into an envelope, and often I put more.

My goal was to open a more formal account when I hit $500 in the envelope, which I did a couple of days ago. At first, I was just going to open a regular bank account, to start, and then maybe do something else. Instead, I decided to open an eTrade account and play the stock market a little bit, and that is what I did.

It will be fun to see how much is in the account at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment