Thursday, May 11, 2017

New Thing 129, New Thing Every Day: Support a Kickstarter Campaign

Kickstarter is a website where entrepreneurs, artists, and others can raise money for their projects. Sometimes, these fundraising campaigns are super successful and raise many times the amount they were trying to raise. Most are only moderately successful, and many do not meet their goal. Those that do not meet their goal do not get any of the money and it is all returned to the donors.

Supporting something on Kickstarter has been part of my plan since I first created my New Thing list, and then my friend Ellis Benus launched a campaign this week to help fund his new app, so that was a great opportunity.

Leigh and I contributed $50.00, which gets us several copies of the app and a t-shirt. Yay!

If you want to support a cool new app that allows you to automatically backup all the photos from your mobile devices to your home computer without the cloud -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1876309800/stash-my-pix?ref=user_menu

No comments:

Post a Comment