Sunday, July 9, 2017

New Thing 187, New Thing Every Day: Try that Kimchi I Made a Few Months Ago


Back on May 2nd, my New Thing was making kimchi here at home, for the very first time. Since then, I have not touched it, letting it ferment and letting the flavors meld and develop. As it turns out, some of it had escaped the sealed jar because of the fermentation; Leigh had found that and put the jar in a zip-lock bag. This evening was the official opening of the jar, though, and it was packed to the top, even with the bit of spillage (which, by the way, was apparently pretty smelly -- thank you for putting up with me, Leigh).

At this time, I should mention, for those who may not know, that I was born without a sense of smell. I literally can't smell anything. So any negative repercussions of my preparing and then eating the homemade kimchi were entirely Leigh's to bear. Yes, she is an angel.

My plan was to open the kimchi, taste it, and get rid of what was left. But, you know what? I actually liked it. So back in the jar, and back in the bag, it went. I look forward to trying it as part of a meal. Sorry, Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment