Thursday, December 28, 2017

New Thing 356, New Thing Every Day: Buy Dick Dalton's Book, I Am Not My Thoughts

[Did it yesterday; posted today.]

Dick Dalton has a radio show on KOPN (89.5 in Columbia, MO), Glocal News in Social Artistry, and he asked me to join him as the new general manager of the station. Over the course of the show, Dick mentioned the book he wrote and published in 2016, "I Am Not My Thoughts". As you might guess, the title appealed to me, with my goal of reading lots of books that will help me understand the scientific and theoretical foundations of happiness (Dick has a PhD in health education and was considered one of the best instructors at Lincoln University until his retirement in 2015).

The fascinating thing to me was hearing the title, I Am Not My Thoughts, which is a bit of a revolutionary idea to me, related to my #HappierByChoice efforts. It particularly appealed to me because the first time I had ever heard of that idea was literally the day before, reading my current happiness book (Solve for Happy, Mo Gawdat). Cool, huh? At the end of the show, Dick sold me a copy of his book for $10.00 and I can hardly wait to start reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment