Monday, December 18, 2017

New Thing 347, New Thing Every Day: Lose 50 Pounds in One Year

My focus really is on overall health, but probably the most measurable outcome is weight loss so that is what I think about the most. By March/April, I should reach my life goal weight, and I have not yet decided what metrics I will use from that point, forward. For now, I am pretty excited about where I am, and the fact that there seems to be a clear path for moving forward.

Here is what I posted to Facebook:
The good news...

Reached my 2017 weight loss goal of 50 pounds.

Lost 3.6 lbs this week; total loss of 50.4 lbs; weight of 188.6 lbs.

Today, setting aside the MS, I continue to be in the best shape of my life -- related to weight (a little more than I weighed in 2001), fitness, and nutrition. My plan is to lose another 21.6 lbs over the next several months and get to what I weighed at some point in high school

This week got a big loss bump because I mostly (kind of accidentally) fasted on Saturday. That's okay, I'll take the weight loss.

At this point, while I certainly feel better and see health improvements, there has not really been any impact on my MS. I have always assumed that actual MS improvement is a long shot, and that I would still be happy with overall improvement, which I am seeing. We will see how it goes over the next year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment