Sunday, December 17, 2017

New Thing 346, New Thing Every Day: Try a Beyond Meat Product


Beyond Meat is a Columbia, MO originated company seeking to create a new kind of meat product from plant materials. It is actually an incredibly high tech company, founded on the idea that all meat actually comes from plants (ex. chickens eat grain becomes meat), and that we can use technology to reproduce that process. There several companies who seem to be creating some pretty incredible products, and Beyond Meat is an industry leader (based on technology from MU research).

Beyond Meat has several products. I wanted to start with their chicken strips, but they are based soy and I don't rat that. Fortunately, Target has their crumbled beef, which is, bizarrely, made from peas. So I got that.

To prepare the Beyond Meat beef crumbles, I sauteed them in butter with garlic salt and pepper, a pretty standard preparation. I ate a small serving andit definitely was not meat, but it was really pretty close and I enjoyed it. I made the whole package, and now my plan is to try it with red sauce; I bet it will be pretty delicious and might even taste like real meat sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment