Thursday, December 7, 2017

New Thing 335, New Thing Every Day: Do an Uber

[Did it yesterday; posted today.]

Yesterday morning, I was leaving the house for a meeting and my beautiful new car that I love -- used, but with less than 30,000 miles -- would not start. It is one of those fancy push-button starters and it just wouldn't work. That was a problem, of course, but the bigger problem was that I needed to get to an important meeting. Fortunately, I tend to arrive early for things, so I had just a little time to play with, and I had that Uber app on my phone.

My wheelchair is an issue for transportation, but Uber offers an option to get an XL car -- which seems to mean a larger SUV -- so I ordered my first ride through the service.

I have to tell you that I love the whole process. A car arrived at my house in ten minutes and I made my meeting, just barely in time. The driver was polite and everything went perfectly. Over the course of the day, dealing with my car, I had to use the app twice more, and those experiences were just as good as the first.

As for cost, it is definitely too expensive for me to take several rides a day, every day; but if I need to get somewhere and my car is not available for whatever reason, I am now an Uber guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment