Saturday, December 23, 2017

New Thing 348, New Thing Every Day: Attend My First KOPN Board Meeting

[Completed Tuesday; posted today.]

Barely two weeks on the job, I had my first KOPN board meeting Tuesday. They are my bosses, but I love working with boards, so I was not concerned about it. I had not met several members, and it was a good opportunity to remedy that. Before the meeting, I said I would have dinner at Formosa -- across the hall from the KOPN offices -- and invited any of the board members who had time to join me. Five ended up being able to make it and we had a great time; very little was discussed about KOPN and it was just a nice opportunity to start getting to know each other.

The meeting itself went pretty long, almost two and a half hours, but productive and good. Things are going well for KOPN, so there were no real crises to address -- a few potential rough spots, but nothing that will not be resolved in the coming weeks. I think great things are on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment