Thursday, December 14, 2017

New Thing 342, New Thing Every Day: Attend KOPN Engineering/IT Meeting

[Did it yesterday; posting today.]

As general manager at KOPN, I am an ex-officio member of all committees and working groups, and will be attending a lot of different meetings. The engineering/IT meeting is one I will definitely try to never miss because it is just so essential to the day-to-day running of the station.

Thankfully, we have some incredibly smart, generous guys volunteering to keep the station running and continue improving the technology (on a pretty thin budget!). It was very interesting to just sit there and listen -- there is a whole new list of words I am learning and concepts I need to understand. There are also some things I feel like I can add, especially as relates to organizing and helping to prioritize what needs to be done. I have managed an awful lot of tech projects, and I am looking forward to really diving into this one over the coming weeks, months, and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment