Sunday, December 10, 2017

New Thing 339, New Thing Every Day: Finish Reading My First Happiness Book

Isn't it funny? As much as I write and talk about getting happier, I have never read a book about happiness. Now, though, I am determined to to start building an academic foundation for my thought on happiness, and I got my first book several weeks ago -- Before Happiness, by Shawn Achor. It has been especially interesting because Achor is a Harvard grad and pretty heavy duty academic researcher into the subject. In particular, he writes and talks about happiness as it relates business success.

Now that I have read this one, my plan is to read lots and lots of research-based books on the subject. It is going to make a big difference in my own thinking, and in my ability to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment