Sunday, November 26, 2017

New Thing 325, New Thing Every Day: Finish Posting a Full Year of #HappierByChoice Thoughts

Exactly one year ago, I started posting an original #HappierByChoice thought every day (maybe a few have been posted late, but maybe not). Mostly, I think the reason I started doing it is part of my incessant need to share what is on my mind pretty much every second of every day; hopefully, part of it was also because I thought someone else might find it helpful. That is definitely why I keep doing it. Selfishly, spending time thinking of happy thoughts to share absolutely helps to positively shape the way I view the world; maybe it is also helping someone else.

Occasionally, someone asks me where I get my "quotes", but I am not a big sharer of what famous/historical people say, so my rule is that I try to be as original as I possibly can. Of course, any number of the thoughts can probably be found somewhere else, but I do my best. In the early days, I just kept track of thoughts as I had them. Then, a few months ago I realized I had a pretty good stockpile and that I might actually be able to continue the project for a few years or more. So I started spending time every weekend, adding at least 14 new posts, so that every week I would have a 100% or more net gain over the number I had posted that week, constantly growing the list.

Today, I have a few over 15 months worth of posts ready to go. Working on them a little every day is making a big difference in my attitude and in my level of happiness. Really, the activity is shaping the way I think and view the world, just a little bit, and is maybe even helping me be a better person. Hopefully it is playing the tiniest role in doing the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment