Thursday, November 23, 2017

New Thing 322, New Thing Every Day: Eat Thanksgiving Dinner Following The Wahls Protocol Diet


As you may know, I follow The Wahls Protocol, an extremely strict diet related to my MS (not for weight loss, although that is a nice side effect). There's other stuff, but key aspects include no gluten, dairy, grain, or sweetener of any kind (like, not even fruit). So you miught guess that this led to a very different meal than what I have had every year for the last 46 years or so.

We gave it a lot of thought, and here is what we had (there were a few things not on this list, but I did not have them).
  • roasted turkey
  • sweet potato casserole
  • roasted vegetables
  • cauliflower puree
  • sparkling water
Normally, I would have had some sort of green salad, but that just did not happen.

Really, it was a delicious meal and I did not feel deprived. Yes, I would have loved to have had oyster stuffing, rolls, and two or three desserts, but that just is not my life anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment