Wednesday, November 15, 2017

New Thing 314, New Thing Every Day: E-mail Top Angel Investor Jason Calacanis an Idea I Have

Something I learned years ago is that it really is surprising, the number of super high-profile people who will respond to an e-mail or letter. Over the years, I have received substantive responses -- and even one major business deal -- from various pretty famous people. It has been a great reminder that there is no harm in asking, and asking can often lead to getting.

Here is the message I sent (subject line: "your next billion-dollar syndicate"):
Jason,

I have been thinking through an idea for a new syndicate that would give you access to maybe a billion or more dollars and hundreds of new deals that many of your angel competitors will never see.

Want to chat about it?

Give me three minutes on the phone (so I know it is really you) and I will share the idea. I hope you will want me to help you do it, but that will be up to you.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

- sean


I'll let you know if it goes anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment