Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New Thing 287, New Thing Every Day: [Read or I will Seem Small] Attended the Columbia Daily Tribune Women in Business Awards and Had Them Not Mention Me from the Stage

Yes, I know this could sound really petty of me, but it it is not about that. Really!

Nine years ago, I had the idea to create the Women in Business Awards, pitched it to the Columbia Daily Tribune, and then ran it for the first three years. Then, six years went by and I was not involved at all, but when I was able to attend, the MC always mentioned my role in originating the event. It was totally not necessary, but it felt good.

This year, almost all of the old Tribune leaders are gone and there is basically nobody left who knows what my involvement was.

So, here's the thing... yes, there is a small part of me that would have liked to get the recognition. Honestly, though, the biggest part of me is pretty excited. What I like to do is start things that can exist without me, and today was a perfect example of that working. It will be exciting to see how the event moves forward and continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment