Sunday, August 27, 2017

New Thing 235, New Thing Every Day: Co-Organize "Breaking Chains, Making Ways"


Here are 10+ things about this event I just co-hosted with my friend Cory Crosby.
  1. I worked on the event because Cory asked for my help; it was really his deal and he did a great job.
  2. It was the very first event where I have been partially in charge where attendees were more black than white.
  3. It took a few months of planning.
  4. Yesterday was the day and I just naturally woke up at 2:00 am. I was very productive until time for the event.
  5. Cory picked me up in a big truck at 6:00.
  6. It was nerve racking because we did not have any way to preregister, but there ended up being over 400 people there.
  7. Kurt Mirtsching showed his Rolls Royce and gave rides to kids.
  8. It really was one of the more fun community events I have attended. My favorite parts were the fitness competitions and dance contests.
  9. We built an incredible host committee.
  10. Cory did an incredible job of getting businesses involved.
  11. We got great coverage from KOMU and the Missourian.

No comments:

Post a Comment