Monday, August 14, 2017

New Thing 223, New Thing Every Day: Make Homemade Vegan Almond Cheese


Just a few weeks ago, I had this totally delicious vegan almond "ricotta" that we bought at Clover's. It was totally delicious and I absolutely loved it, but it was also very, very expensive. Yesterday, it hit me that it would probably be pretty easy to make it myself, so I got on the Internet and found what looked like a great recipe.

If you are interested, here it is -- https://www.thespruce.com/homemade-almond-cheese-recipe-591548

Here are the key points:
  • Soak almonds overnight in cold water.
  • Put them in the food processor with olive oil, salt, lemon, and water. Blend until smooth.
  • Squeeze out excess water with cheesecloth.
  • Let sit in the refrigerator overnight, still wrapped in the cheesecloth.
I have done everything except the final sitting-overnight, and I am totally excited about tasting it tomorrow night (the tiny taste I had tonight was wonderful).

No comments:

Post a Comment