Wednesday, August 9, 2017

New Thing 218, New Thing Every Day: Do a Test to See If I Am in Ketosis

With my MS, there are those who think the process of ketosis -- the body burning fat instead of sugar -- will improve my condition. That is the entire foundation of this whole new Wahls Protocol diet I am doing. Everything is geared toward keeping me in a constant state of ketosis, whil making sure my body has the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.

After doing this for about two months, I finally stopped by Kilgore's and picked up a box of ketosis tests (basically, strips I pee on, like doing a kind of gross litmus test). My first try came back that I am in the earliest stages of ketosis. From here, I will try to up the ante, mostly by cutting what little sweetener I currently ingest, and we will see where it goes.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment