Saturday, April 1, 2017

New Thing 89, New Thing Every Day: Visit ALDI Grocery Store

For years, I have not gone to ALDI because I thought it was for people in poverty. Not sure where I got that idea, but that is what I have always thought. I thought the shelves were stocked with generic brands and sub-standard produce (now that I really think about it, I sound awfully elitist, and feel a little bad abut it). In any case, I did not think it was a place designed for me, so I did not go.

Today, Leigh suggested we check it out, so I made it my New Thing.

Wow! I am now a converted ALDI fan. It has been designed to keep cost as low as possible, but there is lots of high-quality food there. Absolutely, people on very limited budgets should go there, but everyone else should, too. There were so many things there that we normally buy, and generally 20-50% cheaper. Even the produce is great quality and equally great price. The selection is nowhere near what we would find at Schnuck's or Natural Grocers, but there were plenty of things we wanted and often buy at other places. The Spences will now be making ALDI a regular part of the weekly shopping routine.

Thanks for the suggestion, Leigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment