Tuesday, April 11, 2017

New Thing 99, New Thing Every Day: File a Freedom of Information Act Request

It turns out that one can file a Freedom of Information Act request about pretty much anything -- any kind of information the government might have that is not classified. I probably do not have one, but I decided to see if the FBI has a file on me. There is some possibility that they do because I did work in the homeland security industry, back in the early days. I even had a meeting with an FBI agent where he was obviously checking me out (and I am sure he reported back that I was a well meaning rube from rural Kentucky). I will be interested to see if anything comes back to me.

Here is a link to file an FOIA request to get your FBI file -- https://efoia.fbi.gov/#home

No comments:

Post a Comment