Saturday, April 22, 2017

New Thing 110, New Thing Every Day: Attend the Unbound Book Festival

In Columbia, we are pretty lucky to have several community-wide events; one that seems to be just coming into its own is the Unbound Book Festival. This was maybe the third or fourth year of the festival and I figured it was about time to check out this celebration and exploration of the written word.

Really, it was kind of amazing -- several hundred people gathered on the Stephens College campus to embrace writing. There were many sessions to choose from, and I chose two -- one on publishing and one on writing about disability (appropriate, as I wrap up my biography of disability rights activist Justin Dart). Both of the sessions I attended were very cool; I can't wait to go next year, when I can spend more time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment