Sunday, April 16, 2017

New Thing 104, New Thing Every Day: See Columbia's Famous Bur Oak Tree

Photo by Leigh Spence.

Not being super outdoorsy, to say the least, I had never seen our bur oak tree in person, only in pictures. So Leigh and I made a date to head out there today for a little visit. Yes, it was very cool. Nature, in all its grandeur.

Also, because I asked about it on Facebook, my friend David Shorr suggested we get lunch at The Station House at Katfish Katy's, while we were there. So that was another New Thing, and a delicious one, at that. Finally -- and keep in mind that I only get to count one New Thing per day -- I ordered, drank, and LOVED my first beermosa. It was like a mimosa, except with Logboat Snapper, instead of champagne, and a splash of orange juice.

Could this day possibly get any better?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment