Saturday, April 8, 2017

New Thing 96, New Thing Every Day: Create a Digital Photo Tour of My Most Important Places in Columbia

This has been very fun. Leigh and I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours or so taking photos of pretty much all of my most important place in Columbia, ranging back to 1988. Tomorrow, I will post them on Facebook, with explanatory captions.

Here are 10+ things about the experience.
  1. Since I had already made the list of places to go, it was pretty easy to arrange it into a pretty efficient route.
  2. Friends on Facebook offered a few great suggestions that ended up making the list.
  3. It made me so happy that Leigh wanted to go with me. She is just the best wife, ever.
  4. There were a few places where we were concerned about people thinking we were casing the joint. We got out of those places as quickly as we could.
  5. There was only one place that did not work out, because of parking, but Leigh figured out an even better alternative.
  6. There was just one place that did not work out because it has been torn down.
  7. Yes, many of the places are on the list because of their role in my relationship with Leigh.
  8. Thanks to iPhone, we were able to take great pictures and edit to make them even better.
  9. The resolution on iPhone photos is absolutely amazing to me. It allowed us to take pictures to take a few of the pictures from pretty far away and then crop them to get just the part we want, and it looks like we are right in front of the building or whatever.
  10. At one point, we considered including me in front of each location. That seemed like a little much, even to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment