Saturday, September 23, 2017

New Thing 263, New Thing Every Day: TRY to Attend a Competitive Eating Contest


This afternoon, I headed out to Warrensburg to watch their annual chicken wing eating contest, part of their community festival, Burgfest. The contest was scheduled for 5:00 and, as it turned out, I rolled up to the platform where it was happening at 5:03. You know what? I missed the competition by about 60 seconds (the competition was to see how quickly people could eat 15 wings). Literally, the contestants were sitting there with sauce all over their faces and the MC was announcing the winners. The kid who won last year's kids tournament won this year's adults tournament.

While I was bummed about missing the competition, it was still the first time I had ever even tried to see one; also, it was my first time at Burgfest; and. finally, I had dinner for the first time at The lack Adder, considered by many to be Warrensburg's finest restaurant.

All in all, it was a memorable experience, which is all I am really going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment