Sunday, September 17, 2017

New Thing 256, New Thing Every Day: Attend an MU Tailgate

[From yesterday; just did not get around to writing it.]

It's true. I have absolutely no memory of ever attending an MU tailgate of any kind, and I am pretty sure it has never happened. Football is not my thing, and spending hours in the cold or hot, sitting in a lawn chair, is not my thing. Yes, I realize I am at risk of losing my Tiger card.

Leigh and I went because UM System President Mun Choi (an incredibly good guy) invited high school counselors from the area to attend his big, fancy "tailgate party". I put that in quotes because it was under a big tent, with caterers and a bar and fancy tables and chairs. We got to hang out a bit with President Choi, the new Chancellor's wife (Melinda Cartwright), several friends, and some other fun new people. I also had some very tasty baked chicken that made me very happy.

It was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment