Monday, September 4, 2017

New Thing 243, New Thing Every Day: Experience a Burst Water Main

[Note: This is yesterday's New Thing, and I am not posting it until today because Leigh and I went our of town for the evening and I did not have my computer.]






Leigh and I woke yesterday to no water at all and a bunch of guys doing work directly in front of our house. At one point, there was a massive hole in the blacktop next to our driveway -- dug with back hoe -- and no water. So I went and picked up some gallons of fresh water from Schnuck's (for flushing and brushing) and it really was not so big a deal because we were getting ready to head out of town. We decided to just hit the road, check into our hotel a little early, and do our showering there. Thankfully, the hole was filled when we got back, so the only real issue is that the guys tore up our front yard a little. We have water, so we can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment