Wednesday, September 20, 2017

New Thing 260, New Thing Every Day: Cook and Eat Chicken Livers


I just have to say that cooking chicken livers is absolutely one of the most disgusting culinary activities in which I have ever participated. If you buy them at the grocery store, you get them in a container where they are basically soaking in their own blood (I hope it is their own, anyway).

Part of my new eating plan includes eating organ meat 2-3 times each week. I have mostly been eating pate' I get at Schnuck's, and this was the first time I have ventured from that comfort zone. To prepare them, I coated them in paleo flour (mostly almond "flour"), seasoned them with some Cajun spices, and baked them for about 45 minutes. You know what? They were actually pretty good. My mom has eaten chicken livers for years, and I have often made fun of her; now, I guess I am on that bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment