Thursday, June 1, 2017

New Thing 150, New Thing Every Day: Eat My Last Pizza for the Foreseeable Future, Maybe Forever

I am not one for diets. When I want to lose weight, I eat less, more healthily, and I exercise more. I have now decided, though, to start an official diet, one that I may stay on for the rest of my life, and that I will definitely be on for the next 18 months.

For maybe two years, I have been hearing about The Wahls Protocol, a diet designed to help people with MS, with the potential to actually reverse the progression of symptoms. The physician who figured it out actually used to be a wheelchair user (like me), and today she rides a bike.

Finally, I have looked at it, and it is not some kind of new age crap (no offense). Also, importantly, the program is supportive of doctors and the modern medical profession; it just thinks there is room for modern doctors to learn about the power of nutrition.

So I am going to try The Wahls Protocol, which basically eliminates everything that tastes good. I will do it for at least 18 months and will revisit from there. If it works, there will be a significant reversal of my symptoms; if it doesn't, then I will lose a bunch of weight and be in much better shape. Win. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment