Monday, June 5, 2017

New Thing 154, New Thing Every Day: Start Following The Wahls Protocol, for MS

For years, I have refused to consider any kind of nutritional treatment for my MS, and pretty much everything else not prescribed by a physician. My position has always been that there might be value in looking for alternative treatments, but that I do not want to be one of those people who spends hours and hours thinking about what is wrong with me and trying to find ways to heal myself. Instead, I have just done whatever the doctors tell me and then have given it basically no additional thought.

Mostly, I think this is still the right approach for me, because that kind of thinking generally leads to nothing, and focusing on other things helps me keep my positive attitude, which I believe makes a big difference in my physical condition.

I finally took a look at The Wahls Protocol because at least one million people suggested I should.  have long believed that nutrition might make a difference for people with MS, so I was a little more open to it. Once I confirmed that the creator of the protocol recommends staying on MS medication until a physician recommends otherwise, I decided to give it a try. Also, I realized that the worst case scenario is that I will lose a lot of weight and be much healthier.

Here are the key elements of The Wahls Protocol.
  • No gluten
  • No dairy
  • No processed sugar; dramatic reduction in all sugar
  • Lots of fresh vegetables
  • Plenty of protein
We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment