Wednesday, June 21, 2017

New Thing 169, New Thing Every Day: Attend an MS Support Group Meeting

This might be cheating a bit because my mother says I attended a meeting when I was first diagnosed, and did not like it because everyone was so negative. That sounds right, but I have absolutely no memory of it, so we are calling tonight my first time.

Everyone was very nice and I enjoyed the conversation, but I doubt I will become a regular attender. For me, I just do not see the value in setting aside 90 minutes to talk about MS. I get that it can have lots of value for others, but I already have an incredible support system, and I really do not have a lot of need to talk about my situation. That meeting tonight probably included more conversation about MS than I have had in the last few months. I'll probably sit out the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment