Saturday, March 18, 2017

New Thing 77, New Thing Every Day: Play a Modern Video Game

Like most red-blooded American boys growing up in the 70s and 80s, I played lots and lots of video games. This continued into my college years, and mostly stopped after that. With the occasional exception for Ms. Pacman or Galaga, I have not played video games for over 20 years. That means I have missed an awful lot of changes in the video game world -- they are almost lifelike, provide much more action, are massively multi-player, and are so much more difficult.

For today's New Thing, I chose to play World of Warcraft, which I easily downloaded from the Web and is free for the first 20 levels. At this point, I am still hanging out on level one, trying to understand what I am doing. It is incredibly cool and I think 14-year-old me would have quickly become addicted to it. Forty-six-year-old me enjoyed it, but this one time will probably hold me for a while,

No comments:

Post a Comment