Saturday, March 4, 2017

New Thing 63, New Thing Every Day: Spend the Day at Deaconess Hospital

 

Primarily to be there for my mom, and also for my step father, I spent the day at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, IN.

Here are 10+ things about the experience.

1.  Ugh. Hospitals.
2.  Sam is in a coma, but it is important to be here for these things. I hope I would be here, even if others were not.
3.  My mom is such a trooper.
4.  The nurses and other medical folks really do care.
5.  There was so little sleep.
6.  Sam's kids spent the first half or more of the day getting to the hospital from the east coast.
7.  At some point in the morning, I got us breakfast from McDonald's. It was oddly comforting.
8.  The neighborhood surrounding the hospital is pretty depressed. I would have thought the hospital would have uplifted it at least a bit.
9.  So many of my friends have been supportive from afar. Thank you all.
10. Tending to family stuff really puts a damper on my workaholism.

No comments:

Post a Comment